Thursday, February 14, 2013

Updated - Mac & Jack's African Amber Clone

Update 4/22/13: Full list of recipes can be found here.

This is an update to the recipe, 3rd I tried so far.

5gal batch.
British Pale Ale - 8lb
Carapils - 1lb
Crystal 80L - 1lb
Munich 10L - 2lb
Mashed at 155 for 60min
Centennial 10%  - 3/4oz for 60min
Cascade 6% - 1/2oz for 15min
Cascade 6% - 1/2oz at flame out
Cascade 6% - 1oz dry hop in keg
Wyeast 1098 British Ale fermented at 65F
OG=1.056
FG=1.012
ABV%=5.8
IBU=30
SRM=14

This beer tasted much better than the first attempt. Sweetness and bitterness were balanced for my palate. I still think the real beer has more IBU's, but I don't mind the way it is now. Perhaps using Magnum hops instead of Centennial would give that long last bitterness that the real beer has.


2 comments:

  1. I really like this recipe and I've made variations on it several times now. I've been making it with an all-organic grain bill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This particular papers fabulous, and My spouse and i enjoy each of the perform that you have placed into this. I’m sure that you will be making a really useful place. I has been additionally pleased. Good perform! bear table and Bench

    ReplyDelete