Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Blue Moon Clone tests continue

Just a heads up, brewing another batch (#7) where I replaced the oats with 2 TBS of corn starch. My feeling is that I will get a thicker beer with chill haze, like the commercial BM. I'll post the results in a week or two.

UPDATE 09/18/12 - Recipe number #7 can be found  HERE
The beer tasted great and had more chill haze, which match better the commercial BM.
I made a mistake on the top water so got a little higher OG.

1 comment:

  1. Not familiar with using Corn starch. I threw a tablespoon of Flour (and omitted my usual whirfloc) to a witbier I made and it maintained a haze throughout its lifetime. Interested to see how this turns out for you!